I am one of those people who loves to get away, even for a few days, over the holidays. Whether I am headed to Aspen for some skiing or Punta Mita for some sun, it is always a nice way to cap off the end of the year. However, I have found many others have the same idea and holiday travel can be a bit daunting, as you face long lines at security, delayed flights due to weather and packed resorts. But don’t let any of this discourage you – here are some travel tips to ensure you have the best vacation!!
1. Make sure you have copies of all your travel documents and reservations in your carry-on. I would also leave a copy behind with a family member or friend. This way if you run into a complication, you have all the information available.
2. Double check all reservations so there are no surprises.
3. To ease your way through security, you might look into purchasing the priority boarding and security through your airline. Many will offer this at a small fee which during the holidays maybe well worth it.
4. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of time so you aren’t rushing and running in the airports. That is never a good feeling and with family and small children isn’t easy!!
5. Your carry-on should have a change of clothes, your medications and if you are headed to a warm destination – your bathing suits. This way if you luggage gets lost, you are set for a day or so. And your room may not be ready when you arrive. If you can head to the pool, relax, grab lunch while you wait it will make your first day that much more enjoyable!!
6. If you have any special requests for your children (microwave in the room, crib, extra pillows, allergies), call the hotel a few days before you arrive to let them know, and always write down who you spoke with.
7. Call a travel professional!! This way you can truly enjoy all aspects of your vacation knowing someone else is handling every detail.
Enjoy your holiday whether you are heading out of staying home!
Contact Gina DeBenedetti at Jet Set World Travel @ email@example.com or @ 773.896.1535